This is all about the main layout and how to change the look and save it for your own use. I have a way of working which is different to other people’s way of working.
Least us start with the menu with the following:
- File – This is all the file handling system
- Edit – These can be is all sort of things from transform to changing tools you use
- Image – These are for resizing and adding adjustments
- Layer – This deals with all the layer options
- Type – This is for Typed in words
- Select – These are all the different types and ways of selection items or part of the images.
- Filter – These are the filters you can use for any project that you are working on.
- 3D – This is all for the 3d system that Photoshop has but I will not go through it as I do not use it.
- View – This is for colour correcting and looking at work.
- Window – This is where you can select all the plates and change your layout of the screen
- Help – This is the help desk
As you can see in the image above on the right you have a toolbar and this will be it’s own blog as there is a lot to it, but these are very useful. The Options bar changes when the tools are different each time. Then you have the Palate area to the right where you can change what you can see and work on. There are many things you can have open at any one time. If you have a way of working you like you can go above the palate area where there is a drop down box which is labelled workspace layout as this is the area you can change and save the looks you are going for.
With the plates and toolbar if you went to move them from where they are to another place all you have to do is click on the top and drag. There is a blue line or box to show if it is going on or in the other boxes. As you can see in the examples above. Below shows you other ways to have the Palate menu as you can have them hovering or in a small icon. Lucky if you hover over tools or palates it will say what it is.
You can expand and shrink these plates with a double arrow in the top right corner. There are three lines in all the plates as there are options for each type of taps. Each palate have tabs on them and you can close one and keep all as well as closing the how palates.
I do hope this all helps
P.S. Please excuse any typos. I am dyslexic.